Since 1991, Africa Christian Action has been mobilising and equipping Christians to make a positive difference in society, working for Reformation and Revival.
- ACA organised the first anti-pornography and pro-life demonstrations in South Africa .
- ACA published the first South African booklet against pornography - Finding Freedom from the Pornography Plague (over 10 000 copies of 2 editions sold out).
- ACA initiated the first nationwide campaign against pornography in South Africa (which has succeeded in persuading over 9 000 stores to no longer stock pornography).
- In 1995, ACA produced the first pro-life book to be published in SA. Fight for Life - a pro-life handbook for Southern Africa.
- Since 1999, ACA has initiated and co-ordinated Sanctity Life Sunday, the National Day of Repentance and the Parliamentary Imprecatory Prayer Proclamation against abortion.
- ACA has published the most comprehensive Christian Action handbook for Southern Africa: Make a Difference!
- In 2001 ACA published The Pink Agenda: Sexual Revolution in South Africa and the Ruin of the Family which exposed radical the homosexual agenda for South Africa. The Pink Agenda was the first non-pornography book to be censored in the new South Africa. The restriction was lifted by the Appeals Board after a lengthy battle with the Film and Publications Board.
- ACA has opposed homosexual 'marriages' and other attacks on the family with prayer vigils, placard protests, marches, and through presentations at Parliament.
Africa Christian Action promotes Biblical Reformation in Southern Africa by:
Researching current issues and alerting members through e-mail updates (email email@example.com to join our mailing list), and quarterly Christian Action Magazines, sent out by post.
Making a public stand on current issues, through letter writing, marches, demonstrations, outreaches, Life Chains, Sanctity Life Sunday, National Day of Repentance, prayer vigils and National Women's Day outreaches.
Hosting a weekly radio program on Radio Tygerberg, 104FM in Cape Town, Salt and Light, addressing contemporary issues from a Biblical perspective.
Encouraging and training Christians to start local Action Groups to pray, and take action on both local and national issues.
Preparing and presenting submissions based on a Biblical values to authorities e.g. the South African Law Commission, the Advertising Standards Authority, Parliamentary Committees.
Making excellent books and a wide range of other resources available to supporters at very reasonable prices.
Making speakers available to churches to give an expert view on current issues of importance to Christians
You can get involved:
Be informed: sign up to receive ACA information by e-mail and/or post. Buy lots of good books and read them. "Make a Difference" is an excellent place to start.
Be involved: start an Action Group in your local area.
Be interceding: pray for the work of ACA and for our country, that we may repent and be Reformed.
- financially support Africa Christian Action,
- sponsor literature printing,
- sponsor someone to attend a camp or course,
- sponsor books for school libraries
- sponsor a project e.g. Pro-life and pro-family advertisements or billboards
"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled by men. You are the light of the world... in the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven." Matthew 5:13-16
Christian Action Network is an umbrella organization - consisting of 77 member organizations - which seek to work for Reformation and Revival. CAN does this through providing information and by mobilizing Christians throughout Africa.
As an umbrella organization we provide a larger voice in the public arena enabling us to speak to politicians and the media more effectively on the issues of the day. CAN regularly publishes news releases on social and moral issues and organizes submissions and presentations before political and parliamentary groups.
We are also committed to working and praying for Reformation and Revival in Africa and host Biblical Worldview Seminars, Reformation and Revival Seminars, and God and Government Seminars.
CAN publishes the Christian Action magazine quarterly.
Some of the books that CAN has published include South Africa: Renaissance or Reformation?, Biblical Principles for Africa and The Biblical Worldview Manual. For more books available from Christian Liberty Books... click here
Would your congregation or ministry be interested in joining the Christian Action Network? Download the Application Form here. Applicants must reside in Africa.